1 med. Pork butt (7-9 lbs. preferably bone-in)
Roasted chipotle rub
Bonnie's Country Classic Tex Mex BBQ Sauce
- Cook on charcoal or gas grill by indirect heat or on low heat in the oven (325 degrees).
- Pat roast dry with paper towels.
- Brush thin coating of olive oil.
- Season generously with roasted chipotle.
- Cook on low heat setting until meat reaches 190-200 degrees.
- Let meat rest for about 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Pull meat from the skin, bone and fat.
- Shred the chunks of meat with two forks or by hand. Put the meat in a large bowl.
- While the meat is still warm, combine with BBQ Sauce to moisten and season. The pork can be made in advance to this point and reheated when needed.
- Serve on rolls.